Monday, May 11, 2009

a new perspective on mother's day...

it's funny ... i've spent my whole life celebrating MY mom on mother's day. i thank God for my mom. she is an amazing woman with a huge faith and a beautiful spirit. i am blessed beyond words to have had such a great influence in my life. i cherish celebrating this day with her. it's a tradition and i hope it never ends!

this year was even more special for all of us. for the first time i realized that someone (although he is too little to know it) will be celebrating ME on mother's day. wow. what an honor! all the mom's at church on sunday morning received a standing ovation and i just sat there, holding my baby in one arm and billy's hand in the other ... with tears in my eyes. it seemed so surreal. i can only hope and pray to be HALF the mother to brady that my mom has been to me.

billy and i are both truly, truly blessed with strong and honorable mothers. it was an incredible day. happy mother's day!!!

No comments: